Sunday, July 25, 2010

What is the best non comedogenic foundation and powder for a severe acne to cover scars and bad breakout?

I am looking for something other than bare minerals as I don't find the coverage very good. I need good coverage for bad scarring and would also like to find a good bronze to lightly apply. Dr suggested non comedogenic products, any suggestions?What is the best non comedogenic foundation and powder for a severe acne to cover scars and bad breakout?
I suggest any foundation from Clinique, Almay, or Physicians Formula. Those are all non-comedogenic and 100% frangrance free. As for acne scars, every evening apply a small amount of vitamin E oil onto the scars to help heal and fade away the scars.What is the best non comedogenic foundation and powder for a severe acne to cover scars and bad breakout?
Mineral makeup is the best Non-comedogenic makeup there is. The best thing to do is know the status of each ingredient. I have a great link to ingredients called the ';acne detective';.


Also, bare minerals has bismuth oxychloride in it. It bothers a LOT of people. Makes most ppl itchy.


I use Hollywood foundation from LAminerals.com


The samples are really cheap and more shades than BE.
Given the fact that you have bad scarring, you still might want to go with a mineral foundation. I love the mineralogie line (mineralogie.biz). They have a gel foundation which is absolutely fantastic, and provides an opaque matte finish. They also carry a great bronzer. I can't say enough about this line. They even offer custom colors, to ensure that you get the proper color for your skin.





Good luck
I have very acne prone skin, and the best thing that has worked for me is MAC make-up. The Studio Fix liquid foundation is a full coverage foundation, and if applied right, doesn't look like a heavy mask. They also have a green corrector cream that covers up red spots, and then the Studio Fix powder. I have never had a break out with this make-up. It is my heaven sent. But like with all make-up, wash it off before bed.





Bare Minerals made me break out. :S
Bare Minerals, of course will not cover good alone, you need foundation under it, use a light whipped or matte one that is oil free, it will say non-comedogenic on the bottle, then use bare minerals (or the store brand alternate, theyre the same) over it. I use Physicians Formula mineral veil, its just like bare minerals, but you can get it at the store for like $10.





Jesse K, I suggested using it WITH foundation, no powder on earth will cover anything alone. What did you suggest??
If you have dark spots or scars on your face from a breakout or suffered from any unwanted darkening of the skin. Try ZENMED Scar Treatment Kit, after using 8 to 10 times acne scars appear lighter and less visible. Another quality skin care product from Zenmed. Try it once and see the difference...

No comments:

Post a Comment