Thursday, July 22, 2010

How will people react to my self harm scars?

Okay so this is just out of curiosity. I feel interested in the reactions I can expect in relation to self-harm scars as I go through life. What do people think when they see this sort of thing, especially outsiders?How will people react to my self harm scars?
I have an 18 yr. history in psych nursing, and I can emphatically state that anyone that judges you on what and where you were, versus what and where you are now (which sounds healthy-I hope and pray all is well) is no friend at all anyway. ';You never lose a friend...you just find out who they are.'; My best friends were all very glad to see me back when I decided to wander off the path of life, and they know that but by the grace of God, ';there go I.'; So just be yourself and live in the light of what is to be. The cream really does rise to the top.How will people react to my self harm scars?
By Self-Harm Scars i'm going to assume you mean scars taht have been left after you have cut yourself on purpose or something like it. If not...well then i'm a moron and you can disregard the rest of what i'm saying lol.





I had a girlfriend a while ago who had some pretty bad depression issues and cut herself to 'ease the pain'. Of course the red marks the following day would be easily noticeable so she would wear a long sleeved jumper or always have her arms folded at school so no one would notice. Sadly/Luckily (depending on how you take it), people did notice and were imediately concerned, other intently worried. I'm guessing that seeing as yours are scars and not present wounds, the reaction would be more that of concernful curiosity, rather than imediate shock and worry.
Well sometimes people think that you did it other times they think that someone hurt you an they are ready to fight for you please don't do this to yourself .Think before you react an don't let people piss you off ,that you want to hurt yourself in our lives their are things that can hurt you without you doing it to yourself.So take life as it comes we all hurt inside sometimes but we don't try to hurt ourselves we want to get over the hurtful things.
If I noticed them I would think you are a bit insecure, have issues, a little weak minded, and likely easily manipulated.





If I was trying to hit it I would see you as an easy target but at the same time scared you would fall in love then kill a rabbit in my kitchen when I broke up with you.





I would guess that a little extra flattery would get me fare and you don鈥檛 take critiques very well. Maybe a little self absorbed with your own problems and need to change your focus off yourself and help others. This might give you a better perspective.





In addition I could assume you came from a home where you did not get much positive attention. You are not very good socially and not good at expressing yourself without getting frustrated angry or depressed.





I am not judging you just translating the evidence.
When I was in high school, there was a girl who had slashed her wrists, attempting suicide ... and EVERYONE in our school reacted sympathetically, wanting to help her do things she was perfectly able to do herself. Others wanted to 'ignore' the scars, and even ignore her, totally. I went on to college and became a psychologist, but I had a really 'horrible' scar on my back (it looks like someone attempted to behead me with a flame thrower, and I am missing six muscles at the base of my neck). NO ONE ever asks me about how I got that scar ... occasionally I show it 'in entirety to young people who think 'tanning' is good for them ... but in my experience, I think most people don't even want to 'notice' scars ... they may talk about them with others at a later time in any way known to mankind (in sympathy, in horror, in 'wonder', etc.) but NEVER with the scarred person. As a result, you may feel 'left out' emotionally, as if people don't really 'see the whole you' and that they don't want to talk with you ...


My questions to you are the following:


Are you still tempted to self harm, or are you self harming now? If you are, please see a counselor for help to get over this negative behavior and learn how to 'feel' emotions in a better way.


Are you still feeling 'bad' but have been not 'self harming' or are your emotions 'flat' (you find it very difficult to 'feel' anything)? Again, please see a counselor for help ... you should be able to 'feel' and you should be able to feel without self-harming.


Good luck, my dear ... YOU are a GOOD PERSON, and you deserve to have a good and happy life ... and frankly, most people in this world don't care if you have scars, or where you got them ... but a few will care, most may NOT want to accept you, but a few will love you despite the scars ... and that will be the BEST love in your life, but you MUST BE ALIVE to feel it!
Well I've have some of my own.


Some of my friends and my parents know about it


but when a stranger see's it I think some people might just stay quiet and think to themselves about why people do that, or some people might confront you about it and ask what happened and stuff.





But I think that most people will stay quiet and keep it to themselves, or tell someone they saw it later.
Honestly, many people will either look down on you, thinking that you are ';emo'; or else pity you. Please, get help now if you are still self-harming. It is nothing to take so nonchalantly, and it probably is very worrisome to those around you. Take a step towards human dignity and give up your addiction.
Hi hon. My daughter went through this also. Most people won't notice or even say anything. Those who do are not owed any type of explaination.





Try using Mederma for scars. I know it can be expensive but my daughters scars faded a bit after consistent use.





I am glad to see you are on the road to recovery. Give yourself a big pat on the back! It is not easy to overcome, I know. My daughter is not doing it anymore...YEAH! My thoughts will be w/you. Stay strong!!
I had a friend who carved the word ';Loser'; in her arm years back. It was an awful sight, but no one told her that. We just remained supportive and one day she stopped doing that to herself. We all have scars from our past, whether they be on our skin, our conscience or our hearts. I say wear them proudly and people will accept and understand or they're not worth your time anyway.
I see People all the time with them, if i dont knwo them i dont care, but if i know the person, then i will freak, self harming is scarey and you should See a counsler even if you consider doing it.


anyways i think people Will just talk it over with you
I have a couple of them. People haven't really noticed, or if they do, they don't say anything or act any different. If you have bad ones, if someone asks, you don't have to tell them how you got it.
Feeling sorry for you? Think your an attention seeker? I don't particully think either, but everyone has different ways of reacting, some more mature than others.
That you went through a hard time at some point in your life...
I would not judge someone because of it.
Tell people you have a bunch of mean cats.
what r self harm scares??? Why would you hurt yourself??

No comments:

Post a Comment