Sunday, July 25, 2010

What is an effective (but inexpensive) way to reduce scars?

I just had breast augmentation and a lift, so there will be some visible scarring. I wanted to know if any of those creams worked, or what other options I had besides laser removal. Thanks!What is an effective (but inexpensive) way to reduce scars?
My breasts went from a small B to a D36 over the course of one year, so I have killer stretchmarks there. What I've found that's great for stretchmarks and scars in general is Retinol, which is found in many OTC anti-aging creams that you can find at drugstores, just ask the lady at the cosmetics counter. Retinol uses Vitamin A to increase cell turnover rate, effectively giving you new skin and fading the scars. It can tend to dry you out a bit though, so make sure to moisturize with cocoa or shea butter at least twice a day while you're using the Retinol. Results should be noticeable within three weeks, if not sooner.





Hope this helps!What is an effective (but inexpensive) way to reduce scars?
I was in a bad car accident a year and a half ago and suffered a large facial laceration. My plastic surgeon told me to use vitamin E oil and not to waste my money on the creams from the drugstore that are supposed to reduce the appearance of scars. The vitamin E oil has helped to reduce the appearance of my scars.

No comments:

Post a Comment