Sunday, July 25, 2010

Are mental scars real or are they just excuses we use to deflect responsibility from our abnormal behaviors?

Believe me they are very real for the persons - like me - who are living with them. Time does not heal all wounds - just scabs them over. The scary thing is I wasn't consciously aware of many of them or some of the behaviors they caused for a long time. Some were bizarre, some quirky and some just labled ';bad personality traits';. Friends called me crazy or adventurous; the family considers me the Black Sheep. On the positive side, I experienced a major wake up call a few years ago that helped me see some of my problems for the first time. Since then I have made it a habit to slow down and consider things before I do them. It has helped a lot. But the scars are still there influencing my behavior.Are mental scars real or are they just excuses we use to deflect responsibility from our abnormal behaviors?
In the film/musical Across the Universe made with Beatles songs, a while after Max comes back from the Vietnam war, Jude asks him how he is and Max replies : ';everything's fine from the neck downwards';


So all his scars were mental, people who've been raped often have mental scars, rape or accident, attack, ...anything painfull and bad.


Some can be faked obviously, but you have to find the reason of the abnormal behaviour to find out whether they are real or not.


Somethimes they are real but don't affect behaviour, so nobody sees them.


Just dependsAre mental scars real or are they just excuses we use to deflect responsibility from our abnormal behaviors?
Of course mental scars are real. Many people who are in the military that deal with their friends being slaughtered/killed/blown to pieces in front of their face....well they seriously have mental scars. Some even commit suicide or get sent to the loony bin. If you ever experienced something of that sort...or some other tragic lost. Well you would understand what mental scarring is all about.
they just excuses we use to deflect responsibility from our abnormal behaviors.





If they were real I would be a friggin nightmare.
They are real except in cases when they are not

No comments:

Post a Comment