Thursday, July 22, 2010

How do you prevent scars form forming when you have a cut?

I have a cut near my eye, scabs form, but keep on falling off,How do you prevent scars form forming when you have a cut?
Aloe vera will keep the scab from drying out and the vitamins and minerals in the gooey juice are the same stuff as in your skin. It will heal up beautifully.





Recently I got a 1/8 inch deep cut on my finger. I used aloe vera and a gauze sock. It healed in a week, and there is only a faint scar.How do you prevent scars form forming when you have a cut?
scabs fall as part of the healing process, but don't pick them off.





Scars usually fade over time. Make-up can help cover the scar while it is healing. Some scars can be minimized by certain dermatological techniques. However, treatment can only improve the appearance of a scar, but cannot completely erase it.
For a new wound, however small, close it with butterfly strips, or really any clean medical tape you can find. This lessens the scar.





I cover my wounds with tegaderm patches, which can be found in most drug stores. It's a clear patch that covers the cut and keeps the fluids around it to help it heal. Personally, I find them far more appropriate than band-aids in encouraging healing, and more comfortable, because they don't rub up against a wound nor do they come off at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment