Friday, August 20, 2010

Is it normal for scars to be a light brown colour?

I have eczema and it always leaves scars if it's bad. All the people I know have white scars but mine always go a light browny colour. I really, really hate it because whenever I go swimming it makes my eczema play up so I have to pay the price with permanent dark marks and sore skin for about a month. I LOVE to swim and am on our area's team! Is it normal for scars to go dark? It's also not just eczema scars but any other cuts or scrapes I've had.Is it normal for scars to be a light brown colour?
They probably have a dark color because they are exposed to the sun when they are fresh, young scars. Make sure you put sunscreen on them all the time for at least the first year of having a new scar. Scars fade over time, but if they have gotten sunburned, they may never fade. Try some mederma, you can get it any drugstore, but you have to apply it like 4 times a day. For my knee surgery scars I use a silicon scar patch. It works great. They can be a little pricey, but they last forever and are reuseable. Take a look at this website www.rejuveness.com. Also neosporin makes some smaller ones that you can get at any drugstore in the first aid isle. They are also cheaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment